Many people have a rich vocabulary and know where and how to use the right words, but when it comes to an essay, and especially its beginning, they have some difficulties. Sometimes we spend a lot of time thinking through the beginning of our essay, and as a result, the whole process of writing is delayed for many hours. If you are faced with this and it is not easy for you to start your essay, do not worry, there is a way out. Several effective techniques help to write a good work.
As a last resort, of course, if suddenly your essay does not work out for you, you can always refer to custom paper writing service. Then you will only be required to go to the site, choose the author for your essay, give him an idea and tasks, wait for the work to be done, make sure everything is done well, and pay for this work. But in my opinion, it is much more interesting to write an essay by yourself. In this article, I will give you some tips on how to write a good essay.
- Read the assignment carefully
Assignments can be formulated differently, but as a rule, students receive detailed information, which is necessary for writing an essay. At first sight, the task may seem complicated and confusing, especially if it contains a lot of information. But actually, on the contrary, it helps in writing a good essay.
- Try to understand the task completely.
If you understand what is expected of you, then you will surely cope with writing an essay.
- Find out what criteria your work will be evaluated.
- Think up at least two directions for your essay.
This applies to a free theme essay. Do not focus on one thing, think over several options for writing a work.
Sketches of an essay
- Decide on the purpose of your essay.
Decide what do you want to convey to readers, what thoughts to convey to them
- Make sketches of your ideas
This can be done by:
- Freewriting. It is a writing technique used to enter the creative state.
- List. Make a simple list of your ideas.
- Mind map. This is a way of expressing your thinking using patterns.
- Think about who will read your essay.
The reader should be clear what this essay is about.
- The preliminary plan does not have to be perfect.
Do not judge yourself harshly, as long as you write only a draft version. Just write down ideas that is all.
- Write a plan.
Make a plan, indicate your main thoughts in each paragraph. Then add details to them.
- Read your plan.
Make sure that every item is in its place and has enough details.
- Determine the type of your work.
- Understand the thesis function.
The thesis should answer the question “What?”
- Write down theses.
Your thesis should answer the question, which is formulated in the assignment. It is usually used at the end of the last sentence of the introductory of the work, but sometimes it can be the very first sentence. It is not recommended to make a thesis in the form of a question.
- If you are stuck on writing an introduction, leave it for later. Start writing the main part, as a rule, it is much easier. After all, it is much more important to open the topic as best as possible, then to work strictly in the order indicated in the plan.
- In the introductory part, arguments should be stated. It also asks questions, the answers to which will be given in the essay later. The introduction should interest the reader.
- Readers should be intrigued by the first sentence. You can use quotes, anecdotes, statistics, paradoxical facts – anything.
- Do not forget about the meaningful transition from the introduction to the main part of the essay.
Writing an essay
- Take enough time. Don not postpone writing an essay at the last minute, this will not lead to anything good, believe me.
- Just sit down and start writing. Set a goal to write an essay for a set period of time.
- Keep writing. Even if it seems to you that you are at a dead end and your work does not move, keep developing your thoughts and ideas on paper.
- In the end, go back to the place that was difficult to write. Also, do not forget to read the essay and correct the shortcomings where necessary.
I really hope that this article was helpful to you. Good luck with writing your essay!