Can you go to the Utah DMV without an appointment?
Do You Really Need to Visit the DMV? You can do many things online, without an office visit. Your health and safety are our utmost concern. Most registration renewals can be completed online at Renewal Express or at an On the SPOT renewal station.
Do you need to be a Utah resident to register a car in Utah?
Utah residents must register any of the above vehicles for use in the state. Nonresidents using their watercraft in Utah for more than 60 days per year, must register in Utah. Nonresidents using their off-highway vehicle or snowmobile in Utah pay an annual user fee to the Division of Recreation.
Can I go to any Utah DMV?
You can visit any DMV office in the state for motor vehicle business. Please check the business hours below before visiting our offices. For general DMV inquiries, call 1-800-DMV-UTAH (800-368-8824). For driver license questions, please contact the Driver License Division.
Can I register a car in Utah with an out-of-state license?
Procedure. The owner of the foreign vehicle must surrender the vehicle’s current out-of-state registration. A copy of the out-of-state registration is acceptable, especially if the customer wishes to retain registration in both states (dual registration).
How do I register an out-of-state vehicle in Utah?
What You’ll Need to Register your Vehicle in Utah
- A completed Vehicle Application for Utah Title (Form TC-656)
- Your current out-of-state vehicle registration certificate.
- Your Bill of Sale.
- A completed Certificate of Inspection (Form TC-661)
- Proof of passing a safety inspection and/or emissions test – if applicable.
How long can I drive with expired tags in Utah?
It is no more than 6 months after your registration has expired. Your vehicle doesn’t require any inspections or you’ve successfully passed the required inspections.
Do you need a Utah driver’s license to register a car?
Bring your current out-of-state driver’s license and a completed driver’s license application to the DMV to get an in-state license. Then, use your driver’s license to prove that you’re the actual owner of the car and a legal driver. You need your actual driver’s license and not just a photo ID.
What do I need to re register my car in Utah?
Renew Utah Car Registration via Mail
- Prepare your registration renewal notice, Proof of passing a safety inspection and/or emissions test, if applicable, a check or money order to cover your registration renewal fee.
- Mail your documents and payment to the address listed on your registration renewal form.