How do I boot into recovery on Dell XPS?
Press F12 after the Dell logo is displayed on the screen to access the boot menu. A Preparing one-time boot menu message appears. After the boot menu loads, select the USB recovery device under UEFI BOOT.
How do I access Dell recovery partition?
Select “Disk Management” from the Storage menu. A list of storage drives detected on your computer appears in the center section of the Computer Management window. The hidden Dell recovery partition is listed in the Volume field with the name Recovery.
How old is a Dell XPS 8500?
XPS 8500. Released on May 2, 2012, the Dell XPS 8500 is the first version in this series to have the third-generation Intel Quad Core i5 and i7 processor added to it. This version of the XPS’s motherboard uses the Intel Chipset H77 with socket LGA 1155 and has USB 3.0 ports built into the front.
How do I run a Dell recovery on Windows 10?
To perform a System Restore, follow these steps:
- Click Start , then type Control Panel.
- Search Control Panel for Recovery.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose the restore point that is related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.
How do I download using Dell OS recovery image?
- Download and install the Dell OS Recovery Tool on a Windows computer.
- Click Start, then open the Dell OS Recovery Tool application.
- Click Search (magnifying glass icon).
- In the open window, browse to the folder location where you have saved the operating system ISO image file.
- Select the .
- Click Next.
How do I restore my Dell computer to factory settings?
Be sure you have backed up your files before beginning this task.
- Click Start.
- Select Reset this PC (System Setting).
- Under Advanced Startup, select Restart now.
- At the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
- Select Factory Image Restore.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.
Where is the recovery key on a Dell laptop?
For Windows 10: A key may be saved to your Microsoft account (search BitLocker Recovery Keys to retrieve the key). If the device was set up or BitLocker protection was activated by another user, the recovery key may be in that user’s Microsoft account.
How do I restore my Dell recovery partition?
Create recovery media for your Dell computer
- Click Start.
- Select Create a recovery drive.
- At the “User Access Control” prompt, Select Yes to open the Recovery Drive wizard.
- Connect the USB flash drive to an available USB port, ensure that the drive selected is correct, then click Next.
What is the Dell recovery key?
Your BitLocker recovery key is a unique 48-digit numerical password that can be used to unlock your system if BitLocker is otherwise unable to confirm for certain that the attempt to access the system drive is authorized.
What motherboard is in Dell XPS 8500?
Dell Studio Xps 8500 NW73C Motherboard.