How do I find books similar to others?
3 Ways to Find Recommended Books Based on Other Books You Love
- Sign up for Personalized Recommendations. Tailored Book Recommendations, also known as TBR, is Book Riot’s personalized recommendation service.
- Take A Few Quizzes.
- Check out Similar Reads.
What to read if you like if I stay?
Join to access our best book recommendations
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher.
- My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
- PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern.
- Still Alice by Lisa Genova.
- Before I Go by Colleen Oakley.
Can you write a book similar to another book?
Just don’t write something based off of another author’s plot. If you came up with your story AFTER you found a different idea that is similar, you want to be careful not to base your plot in the same way. But if you are inspired and just use a couple of the same main ideas, that’s perfectly fine.
What should I read if I like writers and lovers?
5 books to read if you enjoyed ‘Writers & Lovers’ by Lily King
- 1. ” The Revisioners” by Margaret Wilkerson Sexton.
- 2. ” Such a Fun Age” by Kiley Reid.
- 3. ” Normal People” by Sally Rooney.
- 4. ” Clever Girl” by Tessa Hadley.
- 5. ” The Transit of Venus” by Shirley Hazzard.
What if my story is too similar to another?
If your story is similar to another story, then your best strategy is to write it better than the other author. Story ideas are important, but the fact is, many people do want to tell similar stories. Much more important than the story idea, therefore, is the skill of the storyteller.
Can I write a sequel to a book?
If the book is in the public domain with an expired copyright then you are free to write a sequel, a trilogy, a prequel, or anything else you may want to write. Because it was published before 1978, the copyright won’t expire until 95 years after it was published.
What books do authors recommend?
36 Books Your Favorite Authors Recommend Reading
- Star Daughter. by Shveta Thakrar. by Shveta Thakrar.
- A Song of Wraiths and Ruin. by Roseanne A. Brow… by Roseanne A. Brow…
- Serpent & Dove. by Shelby Mahurin. by Shelby Mahurin.
- The Beholder. by Anna Bright. by Anna Bright.
What is a comfort read?
We think the best antidote to these pensive moods is a “comfort read”—a book you return to again and again (even if only to dip into for a chapter or two) for a bit of cheer and warmth. Perhaps one of their picks will become your comfort read!