How do I stop Excel from opening in the same window?
Windows 8’s Taskbar
- Right-click on a blank area of the taskbar and select “Properties.”
- Click the “Taskbar Buttons” drop-down menu and select “Never Combine.”
- Click “OK.”
- Click “File” and select “Options.”
- Click the “Advanced” tab.
- Check “Show All Windows in the Taskbar” in the Display section.
- Click “OK.”
How do I make Excel 2003 open in different windows?
Two different options The best and easiest way to open two spreadhseets is to open Excel normally, the go back to the Program list and hold down the Shift key when you click on Excel again. This will let you have two windows of workbooks side by side and independent of each other.
How do I get Excel to open in separate windows?
Press the Shift Key Alternatively, you can open multiple Excel windows by pressing and holding the Shift key. First, open the Excel software. Then hold the Shift key, and click Excel’s taskbar icon. That will open another window for the application that users can drag to both desktop sides as outlined above.
Why is Excel opening in the same window?
Microsoft Excel displays new worksheet tabs in the same window – resulting in many tabs in one open window if more than one file is open. Solution: To fix this, you need to tell Excel that you want each new window to open separately from your old file.
Why does Excel open two windows?
If you close and save the file when you are viewing multiple windows, the window settings are retained. Therefore, when you reopen the workbook, you see the same multiple windows.
How do I make Excel open in a new instance of default?
Right click on the Excel icon in the taskbar. As the menu appears, hold down the ALT key and left-click on the ‘Excel’ menu option. Continue to hold down the ALT key until the below window pops up. Press ‘Yes’ to open a new instance.
How do I make Excel 2010 Open in a new window?
How to open a new instance of Excel (2010) by default when opening a file
- Open the path to your Office install (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14)
- Right click Excel.exe and choose “Create Shortcut”.
- Move the shortcut to %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo (rename the shortcut if desired)
How do I open an Excel spreadsheet in a new window?
View multiple worksheets at the same time
- Click a worksheet that you want to view.
- On the View tab, in the Window group, click New Window.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each sheet that you want to view.
How do I open multiple Excel 2007 files in separate windows?
Launch a second instance of Excel by double-clicking its shortcut icon on your desktop, or by clicking “Start | All Programs | Microsoft Office | Microsoft Excel 2007.” Launching the second file by double-clicking its icon will open the file in the first Excel instance instead, so you must run a second copy of the …
When I open Excel another workbook opens?
Click File > Options > Advanced. Under General, clear the contents of the At startup, open all files in box, and then click OK. In Windows Explorer, remove any icon that starts Excel and automatically opens the workbook from the alternate startup folder.
Why are my Excel files opening in the same window?
How do I force Excel 2010 to open in a new instance?