How do I transfer my ACT database to another computer?
PAD file to open the database.
- Ensure all other users are logged out of the database.
- Login to your database as an Act!
- In the Move Database Assistant screen, click Next to proceed.
- In the Database Location window, click Browse…
- Select the folder on your computer where you want to move the database, then click OK.
How do I copy my ACT database?
How To Save a Copy of Your ACT! Database
- Click the File menu, then click Save Copy As.
- Enter the name for the new database in the Database Name field.
- Click the Browse button and click to highlight the folder where you would like to save the new database.
How do I access my ACT database?
Ensure that all users have the same version of Act!. You can verify your installed version number by using the following knowledgebase article: How can I tell what version and build of Act!
How do I backup my ACT database?
Creating a backup
- Login to your database as an Administrator or a Manager level Act!
- Click File > Back Up > Database…
- Click Browse…,
- Give the file a new name (if desired), then click Save.
- Decide whether or not you wish to include attachments by either leaving Include Attachments checked or by unchecking it.
How do I transfer sage from one computer to another?
Option 2 – Find your data folder and file:
- In Sage 50, go to File, Properties.
- Note the Location and Company File name.
- Copy the .saj folder and the .sai file to an external media device.
- Copy and paste the .saj folder and .sai file onto the new computer. (
Where are ACT databases stored?
Browse to your database location (normally C:\Users\*username*\Documents\ACT\ACT Data\Databases).
How do I find my ACT database name?
Option 1: From inside Act!
- While logged into the database, click Help > About Act!
- Click Database Information.
- Verify and note the following information within the Database Settings Information section: Database Server Name: This is the name of the machine which houses the database files.
Can I use Sage on 2 computers?
Yes, You can install Sage 50 on another PC without any issues using the same activation information. Sage allows the transfer of the existing Sage 50 license to migrate to another computer under the following conditions: For example, a Premium 2 users license can be installed on two different workstations.
How do I transfer data from Sage?
What database does act use?
Microsoft® SQL Server®
Starting with ACT! 2005 (7.0), ACT! by Sage uses a Microsoft® SQL Server® Database structure.
How do I rename an act database?
Rename only the databasename portion of the file name and ensure the new name is the same for all three items. Open Act!. Go to the File menu and select Open database. Select your renamed database and click Open.