How do I update the firmware on my Surface Pro docking station?
Use the Surface Dock Firmware Update
- Go to Download Surface Tools for IT.
- Select Download.
- Under Choose the download you want, select the latest version of the Surface Dock Firmware Update.
- Select Next and follow the rest of the instructions to install the update.
What is the latest firmware for surface dock?
Version 2.12. Update for Surface Dock Main Chipset Firmware.
How do I update my Surface Pro 3 firmware?
- Select Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update .
- Select Check for updates. If updates are available, they will install automatically. You may need to restart your Surface after the updates have installed. Check for Windows updates.
How do I update my docking station driver?
In Device Manager, right click on your docking station device (sometimes it may display as Unknown device), and select Update driver. Choose Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
How do I find the firmware on my surface dock?
How to Check Surface Dock Firmware Version?
- Open the Surface app. In case you can’t find the app, you can download the Surface app from Microsoft Store.
- Go to the Accessories page.
- Under the Other accessories section, it will show you all connected Microsoft accessories including docks and keyboards.
Is my surface dock firmware up to date?
Answer: The latest updates of the Surface app allows you to easily check the connected Surface Dock firmware version right from the app. Open the Surface app. In case you can’t find the app, you can download the Surface app from Microsoft Store.
How do I check my dock firmware?
How to check the firmware on a wired USB Type-C/Thunderbolt dock
- Go to Browse all products > Electronics & Accessories > PC & Tablet Accessories.
- Select your dock from the list.
- Select Drivers and Downloads from the menu down the left side of the page.
Can Surface Pro 3 be upgraded to Windows 10?
Microsoft has released updates for its Surface Pro 3 devices, allowing the tablet/laptops to run the new Windows 10 operating system.
How do I know what firmware is on my Surface Pro 3?
From the Start button, navigate to Settings. Go to System and click About. You will find the version and build number of your operating system. When you are want to update to the latest firmware, compare the version and build number.
How do I check the firmware on my docking station?
How do you troubleshoot a docking station?
Here’s what you can do:
- Check the cables – Are they plugged in and if so, are they plugged into the correct spot?
- Device fit – Ensure your device is securely in the docking station.
- Power strip – If you are using power strip double check that the switch is turned on and that the outlet works correctly.