How do you add a top border in Word?
Select a word, line, or paragraph. On the Home tab, click the arrow next to the Borders button. In the Borders gallery, click the border style that you want to apply.
How do I change the top border style in Word?
Modify a border
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Click the Page Layout tab.
- In the Page Background group, click the Page Borders option.
- In the Borders and Shading window (shown below), if not already selected, click the Page Border tab.
- Make the desired changes to the border that is currently set for the document or page.
Where is the border in Microsoft Word 2010?
Click Home tab. Move to Paragraph group. Find out the Border and Shading button, and click the down arrow next to it. Choose the Border and Shading option, or specify the different border style.
How do I put the top and bottom double line border in Word?
To apply multiple lines, choose both border styles sequentially. For example, to add rules to a paragraph (a line above and below), first choose the Top Border command, and then click the Borders command again and choose Bottom Border.
How do you put an outside border on?
How to create a border around text in Word
- Once the text is highlighted, click the Home tab.
- On the Home tab, click the down arrow on the border to get border options, like those shown in the picture.
- Select the type of border you want to use. If you want a single border around the text, click Outside Borders.
How do you add a top border to a paragraph?
In This Article
- Place the insertion pointer in a paragraph.
- Click the Home tab.
- In the Paragraphs group, click the triangle next to the Borders command button. The Borders menu appears.
- Choose a border style from the menu. For example, to place a line atop the paragraph, choose Top Border. Its icon is shown here.
How do I make a 1 inch border in Word?
To set the top margin of all other pages to 1 inch:
- At least one line down from the top of Page 1, place cursor before or after any text in the order.
- Click Page Layout > Margins > Custom Margins.
- In the Page Setup Window, change the top margin to 1 inch.
- Select “This point forward” from the Apply to selection box.
- Click Ok.
Where are the borders in Word?
Go to Design > Page Borders. In the Borders and Shading box, design your border: Under Setting on the left, choose the border style you want. If you want to remove a border, select None.
How do you get a border on Microsoft Word 2010?
- 1Put the insertion pointer on the page you want to border.
- 2Click the Border command button and choose Borders and Shading from the bottom of the menu that appears.
- 3Click the Page Border tab.
- 4Choose the border you want by using a preset box or picking a line style, color, and width.
How do I insert a double lined border in Word?
You apply a double border to a paragraph in a Microsoft Word document….
- Select the paragraph for which you want to change the border width.
- On the Page Layout tab, click Page Border in the Page Background group.
- Click the Borders tab.
- On the Borders tab, select the border width that you want in the Width list.
- Click OK.
What is outside border in Word?
Once the text is highlighted, click the Home tab. On the Home tab, click the down arrow on the border to get border options, like those shown in the picture. If you want a single border around the text, click Outside Borders.