What are the side effects of Cilazapril?
- a dry irritating cough (this often improves with time)
- shortness of breath.
- palpitations (feeling that your heart is racing)
- skin irritations, such as a rash.
- possible kidney problems or increased potassium levels (these will be monitored by your health professional).
What is the safest medication for high blood pressure?
Methyldopa, which works to lower blood pressure through the central nervous system, has the lowest risk of harming the mother and developing fetus. Other possible safe options include labetalol, beta-blockers, and diuretics.
What is the most troublesome side effect of ACE inhibitors?
Angioedema is the most severe symptom associated with ACE inhibitors and occurs in 0.1-0.2% of patients. Airway swelling and obstruction due to the accumulation of fluid (and bradykinin) are the main features of angioedema.
Does cilazapril make you tired?
Drowsiness/reduced alertness: Cilazapril may cause drowsiness or dizziness, especially at the beginning of treatment or after a dose increase. This can affect your ability to drive or operate machinery. Avoid these and other hazardous tasks until you have determined how this medication affects you.
What is cilazapril prescribed for?
Zapril contains the active ingredient cilazapril. It belongs to a group of medicines called angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. Zapril is used to lower high blood pressure (hypertension).
How can I get off my blood pressure medicine?
Here are 10 lifestyle changes you can make to lower your blood pressure and keep it down.
- Lose extra pounds and watch your waistline.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Reduce sodium in your diet.
- Limit the amount of alcohol you drink.
- Quit smoking.
- Cut back on caffeine.
- Reduce your stress.
Who Cannot take ACE inhibitors?
The following are people who shouldn’t take ACE inhibitors:
- Pregnant women.
- People with severe kidney failure.
- People who have ever had a severe allergic reaction that caused their tongue and lips to swell, even if it was from a bee sting, should not take ACE inhibitors.
What should be avoided when taking ACE inhibitors?
So, people taking ACE inhibitors should avoid eating large amounts of foods high in potassium, such as bananas. Other foods high in potassium include avocados, beets, oranges and orange juice, potatoes, spinach, tomatoes and tomato sauce, as well as salt substitutes.
Is cilazapril a diuretic?
In conclusion, the diuretic effect caused by cilazapril is partly mediated by inhibition of the water reabsorption via the increase of dopamine production in the kidney.