What cable connects a Mac to TV?
If you have a MacBook with an HDMI port, connecting your device to a TV is extremely straightforward – simply buy an HDMI cable, plug one end into your computer, and the other end into your TV.
Can you hook a Mac to a TV?
To connect your Mac to your television, you need a video cable that connects your computer’s display port to the video input port on your TV. If you have an HDTV and a Mac with a Thunderbolt port , Mini DisplayPort , or HDMI port, you may also be able to play audio from your computer on your TV.
How do I connect my Mac to my TV without Apple TV?
To mirror a Mac to other smart TVs without Apple TV, you will need to get a mirroring app designed to work with that TV brand. For Samsung TVs, get the Samsung SmartThing app from the App Store. For a Sony TV, get the AirBeamTV app.
How do I display my Mac on my TV wirelessly?
To get your MacBook screen to display on your TV wirelessly, you’ll also need an Apple TV.
- Click the AirPlay icon on the MacBook’s menu bar.
- Select the Apple TV you want to connect to from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Apple TV input on your TV to start displaying your MacBook’s screen.
Do MacBooks have USB ports?
Yes—despite Apple changing the ports for its newer computers (as it has done with its iPhones), you can still get some functioning MacBooks with a traditional USB port. If you buy a 2017 MacBook Air, you’ll have access to a traditional USB port—also known as a USB-A or USB 3 port.
How do I use my Mac desktop as a monitor?
You can use more than one iMac as a display, if each iMac is using a Thunderbolt cable to connect directly to a Thunderbolt port on the other Mac (not the other iMac). Press Command-F2 on the keyboard of the iMac. You should now see the desktop of the other Mac. To exit target display mode, press Command-F2 again.
How do I connect my laptop to my TV via USB?
Plug the USB-C cable into your laptop and an HDMI cable into your TV. Then plug the other end of the HDMI cable into the adapter to connect the two devices together. To finish the process, select the HDMI input on your TV….Step-by-step instructions:
- Connect the two devices with a USB-C cable.
- Turn on the TV and laptop.
How do I connect my Mac to my LG TV without HDMI?
LG Smart Share
- Using your TV remote to navigate to the Smart Share feature of your TV.
- On your Mac, click the AirPlay icon located on the right side of the Menu bar. Select your LG TV then choose the name of your Mac to connect.
- Your Mac is now mirrored to your LG TV.