What is a smart host used for?
A smart host is a type of mail relay server which allows an SMTP server to route e-mail to an intermediate mail server rather than directly to the recipient’s server. Often this smart host requires authentication from the sender to verify that the sender has privileges to have mail forwarded through the smart host.
What is smart host sendmail?
The SMART_HOST macro allows you to specify the host that should relay all outgoing mail that you are unable to deliver directly, and the mail transport protocol to use to talk to it. …
How do I relay in Gmail?
To set up a smart host:
- In Server Admin, select Mail and click Settings.
- Under Relay all mail through this host, enter smtp-relay.gmail.com.
- Click Save to close the Server Admin.
- Restart the mail service.
- When you’ve completed your configuration, send a test message to confirm that your outbound mail is flowing.
How do I use Office 365 as a smart host?
Using Office 365 as an email Smart Host
- Login to the Exchange Management Center.
- Go to mail flow –> connectors.
- Add a new inbound connector.
- Name: Outbound Relay.
- Select “enable inbound connector”
- Select “on-premises” for the connector type.
- Select “Opportunistic TLS”
- Select “restrict domains by IP address”
What is Relay in mail server?
SMTP mail relay is the process of transferring an email from one server to another for delivery. For example, if you work for Company A and send an email to someone at Company B, you connect to your company’s SMTP server. One server accepting an email from another server is “relaying.”
What is smart host in exchange?
A smart host or smarthost is an email server via which third parties can send emails and have them forwarded on to the email recipients’ email servers.
What is a smart host for a connector?