What should you do right after describing a counter argument?
repeat your own argument, in great detail. conclude your essay with an appeal to readers’ emotions. explain why you disagree with that point of view.
How do you address a counter-argument?
Address the Counterarguments Address one or two counterarguments in a rebuttal. Now that you have researched the counterarguments, consider your response. In your essay, you will need to state and refute these opposing views to give more credence to your argument.
How do you introduce a counter argument in an essay?
- Introduce the counter argument (turn against) with a phrase like:
- Then you state the case against yourself as briefly but as clearly as you can, pointing to evidence where possible.
Why are counter arguments important?
Done well, it makes the argument stronger. This is because it gives you the chance to respond to your reader’s objections before they have finished reading. It also shows that you are a reasonable person who has considered both sides of the debate. Both of these make an essay more persuasive.
How do you end an argument in one sentence?
“Thank you for sharing your view/belief/perspective” (choose as appropriate). “I will take it into consideration/think it over/study it some more.” Then walk away. If u just want to end an argument just say “u r correct”.
How do you make a counter argument strong?
In your paragraph:
- Identify the opposing argument.
- Respond to it by discussing the reasons the argument is incomplete, weak, unsound, or illogical.
- Provide examples or evidence to show why the opposing argument is unsound, or provide explanations of how the opposing argument is incomplete or illogical.
What is a counter counter argument?
A counterargument involves acknowledging standpoints that go against your argument and then re-affirming your argument. This is typically done by stating the opposing side’s argument, and then ultimately presenting your argument as the most logical solution.