When was the Saint George temple dedicated?
April 6, 1877
St. George Utah Temple/Opened
Which prophet dedicated the Salt Lake Temple?
Dedication: Wilford Woodruff, the Church’s fourth president, dedicated the temple in 31 sessions held between 6 and 24 April 1893. About the Temple: The Salt Lake Temple is situated on a 10-acre site in downtown Salt Lake City.
Who dedicated the Manti temple?
Eleven years from the time it was started, President Wilford Woodruff dedicated the temple, first in a private ceremony on 17 May 1888, then in services attended by 5,400 members May 21, 22, 23.
What happened to the St George temple?
George Temple, the first completed Latter-day Saint temple in Utah, which was dedicated in 1877. It closed in November 2019 for renovations and is set to reopen in 2022. Attendance at the groundbreaking ceremony was limited because of the health risk posed by COVID-19.
Who dedicated the St George temple?
Daniel H. Wells
|St. George Utah Temple|
|Closed for renovation|
|Dedicated||April 6, 1877 by Daniel H. Wells|
|Site||6 acres (2.4 hectares)|
Who dedicated the Logan temple?
|Logan Utah Temple|
|Dedicated||May 17, 1884 by John Taylor|
|Site||9 acres (3.6 hectares)|
|Floor area||119,619 sq ft (11,113 m2)|
|Height||170 ft (52 m)|
When was the Manti temple dedicated?
May 17, 1888
Manti Utah Temple/Opened
May 21: Manti Utah Temple (1888) The temple site was dedicated on April 25, 1877, and 11 years later, President Wilford Woodruff dedicated the temple in a private event on May 17, 1888.
When was the Logan temple dedicated?
May 17, 1884
Logan Utah Temple/Opened
Plans to construct the temple were announced October 6, 1876, Church leaders broke ground May 18, 1877, and John Taylor, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1880 to 1887, dedicated the Logan Utah Temple May 17, 1884.
Who built St George temple?
3. Brigham Young oversaw almost every aspect of temple construction. After announcing that a temple would be built in St. George, Brigham Young purchased a home in the city.
What was the first LDS temple ever built?
Coordinates: 40°33′02″N 91°23′04″W The Nauvoo Temple was the second temple constructed by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The church’s first temple was completed in Kirtland, Ohio, United States, in 1836.