Who is the father of Sanskrit literature?
Who wrote the first Canadian novel?
Which is the most read book in India?
Top 10 Must-read Books by Indian authors
- The White Tiger: A Novel by Aravind Adiga.
- Nectar in a Sieve: A Novel by Kamala Markandaya.
- The Great Indian Novel: A Novel by Shashi Tharoor.
- Train to Pakistan: A Novel by Khushwant Singh.
- Palace of Illusions: A Novel by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni.
- The Guide: A Novel by R.K Narayana.
- In Custody: A Novel by Anita Desai.
Who is the best poet in the world?
Top 10 Best Poets
- Emily Dickinson.
- Maya Angelou.
- Robert Frost.
- Langston Hughes.
- John Keats.
- Lord Byron.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson. Known for transcendentalism and his poem “Nature” which is an absolute work of pure beauty, Emerson’s soft spoken yet crisp original words place him at the top of the list.
Why were novels popular in the 18th century?
Novels became extremely popular in the late eighteenth and the early nineteenth centuries because of the following reasons: Many new innovations in printing technology reduced the prices of novels. This led to the expansion of reading public.
Which is the first book written by an Indian in English?
The Travels of Dean Mahomet
Who is called the father of prose?
Sir William Tyndale(Tindill/Tyndill/Tyndall) is considered to be the father of the English prose. He is the first litterateur to translate the Bible from Greek and Hebrew texts to English.
Who was the trio in Indian English literature?
Indian nationalism and Mahatma Gandhi’s philosophy of life become the important subject matter of the novels written by three major novelists. They are Mulk Raj Anand, Raja Rao and R.K. Narayan. They are called the trio of the Indian novelists, who write in English.
Who is the most famous poet in the world?
- William Shakespeare (1564-1616)
- Homer. Many know Homerus by Homer, and he is responsible for the literary works Odyssey and Iliad.
- Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)
- William Blake (1757-1827)
- William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)
Who is the most famous English poet?
Check out the list of top famous English poets of all time.
- W.B Yeats.
- Sylvia Plath.
- Rudyard Kipling.
- Robert Burns.
- Oscar Wilde.
- John Milton.
- John Keats.
What are the features of 18th century literature?
The 18th-century literature was characterised by the spirit of realism and romantic features like enthusiasm, passion, imaginations etc. declined in this period. Reason, intellect, correctness, satirical spirit etc. were the main characteristics of 18th-century literature.
Who are the major novelists of 18th century?
Other major 18th-century English novelists are Samuel Richardson (1689–1761), author of the epistolary novels Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded (1740) and Clarissa (1747–48); Henry Fielding (1707–1754), who wrote Joseph Andrews (1742) and The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling (1749); Laurence Sterne (1713–1768), who published …
Who is the second father of English poetry?
Edmund Spenser (/ˈspɛnsər/; 1552/1553 – 13 January 1599) was an English poet best known for The Faerie Queene, an epic poem and fantastical allegory celebrating the Tudor dynasty and Elizabeth I….
|Resting place||Westminster Abbey|
|Alma mater||Pembroke College, Cambridge|
Who is the best Indian poet?
Top 10 Greatest Indian Poets of all time
- Kabir. One of the most recognized authorities is our very own mystic poet from the 15th century, ‘Kabir’.
- Mirza Ghalib.
- Amir Khusrow.
- Mir Taqi Mir.
- Rabindranath Tagore.
- Kamala Surayya.
What is the most famous Indian literature?
- R.K. Narayan – The Guide.
- Rohinton Mistry – A Fine Balance.
- Salman Rushdie – Midnight’s Children.
- Jhumpa Lahiri – The Interpreter Of Maladies.
- Vikram Seth – A Suitable Boy.
- Arundhati Roy – God of Small Things.
- Amitav Ghosh – The Glass Palace.
- Kiran Desai – The Inheritance of Loss.
Who is the famous English writer in India?
Top 10 Novelists of India Though the first well known Indian English novelist was R K Narayan, there were many writers who experimented with English fiction and became moderately successful. The celebrated contemporary authors are Arundhati Roy, Kiran Desai, and Aravind Adiga who won The Booker Prize.
Who is the father of English poetry in India?
Which is the first poem in the world?
The Epic of Gilgamesh